In 2013 the AIA became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) with a new constitution and a new membership structure. You can see the constitution here. Members are either:
- Ordinary Members: aged 18 or over, living or working within Fife Council’s East Neuk & Landward ward (click here for map).
- Associate Members: aged 18 or over, living and working outwith Fife Council’s East Neuk & Landward ward. Associate Members get all the benefits of ordinary membership but may not stand for election to the board nor vote at any members’ meeting.
SCIO members have a legal duty to act in the interests of the SCIO and seek, in good faith, to ensure that the SCIO acts in a manner which is consistent with its charitable purposes (more information available here).
Individual membership is £10.00 per annum, with the membership year running from September to August. This may either be paid online (see below), paid on attendance at any of our events or paid by post, with cheques payable to Anstruther Improvements Association and addressed to AIA Membership Secretary, c/o 11 Bankwell Road, Anstruther KY10 3DA.
Membership provides free entry to all Anster Nichts and entry to one other AIA-programmed event. For full details of upcoming events please visit our Events page.
The annual membership fee of £10.00 can be paid online via PayPal. Please Note: you do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal. You can also use a credit card.
You can pay membership fees for more than 1 person.
- Add the name(s) for all memberships in the boxes below.
- Then click the “Add to Cart” button to go the PayPal payments page.
- You can then choose the number of memberships that you’re paying for.